Paddy Power Non Retail Terms And Conditions
1. The website www.PaddyPower.com and Paddy Power Dial-a-Bet are operated and controlled by Paddy Power Isle of Man Limited and Power Leisure Bookmaker Limited, wholly owned subsidiaries of Paddy Power plc., of Airton House, Airton Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland.
2. It is your responsibility to ensure that at all times you comply with all laws in any jurisdiction that apply to your use of our services. In particular, if you live in a country where betting is prohibited, you must not register with us or attempt to use our services. Internet or telephone gambling may be illegal in the jurisdiction in which you are located; if so, you are not authorised to use your payment card to undertake transactions.
3. Any disputes not covered by [Clause 25 below] or any other claims or proceedings arising out of or in any way relating to this website or telephone betting service shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and the Irish Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction for the purpose of any such proceedings arising out of or in any way relating to your use of the website.
4. You must be over 18 to register. The right to void any wagers with minors is retained. Paddy Power reserves the right to request proof of age documentation from any client at any time.
5. Each customer will choose their own confidential username and password. Telephone betting customers will be allocated a username and will choose their own confidential password. For security reasons we recommend that you change this password the first time you log on to Paddypower.com. These should be kept confidential by the customer as all transactions where a customer's username and password have been correctly entered will be regarded as valid, provided the transaction meets the other criteria for placing a bet as laid down in these Terms and Conditions and the Betting Rules. You agree to inform us at once by electronic mail or telephone if you believe that your account information is being misused by a third party so that we may terminate your account. Our contact details are set out on the 'About us' page of our website. If betting online we recommend that you disable any automatic password memory in your browser prior to using the site. This will help to limit the risk to you of unauthorised use of your account.
6. It is the responsibility of each customer to ensure that all personal details are current and up to date, as failure to do so may result in bets being declined or payments being issued incorrectly.
7. The customer can choose which currency is most convenient for them to manage their account in from the following list:
Pound Sterling GBP
8. Customers can only bet up to the amount held within their account or allowed by their bank. The minimum and maximum bet per selection is determined exclusively by Paddy Power and is detailed on screen or will be communicated by the telephone operator. Paddy Power reserves the right to accept or decline the whole or part of any proposed bet.
9. Bets must be made on-line at the website, via Paddy Power mobile telephone betting channels, digital television channels or via our telephone line. Bets placed by any other medium will be void win or lose.
10. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that all the details of their bets are correct. Once the transaction has been confirmed bets cannot be cancelled by the client.
11. With the exception of Betting In Running events (see 11a. below for Betting In Running rules), bets are accepted up to the off-time of the event or a pre-determined time whichever the earlier. However, for some sporting events, Paddy Power may allow a grace period during which bets will be accepted but reserve the right to void any or all bets should we think there has been a significant development in the event. Paddy Power reserves the right to void any bet inadvertently accepted after the betting has closed or where the event was resolved or at a stage where the customer could have any indication of the outcome. Paddy Power reserves the right to void any or all bets made by any group of people acting in liaison in an attempt to defraud Paddy Power.
11a. Betting in running means betting that takes place while an Event is in progress. The following are our Rules for Betting In Running:
- We reserve the right to void any part or all, of any bets, on any event on which we are Betting In Running that is not completed (i.e. abandoned, postponed).
- Where a blatant error is made in transmission on any event on which we are Betting In Running (e.g. the book priced to less than 105%) bets will be settled at the correct price at the time at which the bet was placed.
- Where we have reason to believe that a bet is placed after the outcome of an event is known, we reserve the right to void the bet.
12. In the event of there being a dispute over the time at which a bet was placed then the time at which it was recorded on the transactional log will govern the settlement. You must check your account balance each time you log on to the Paddy Power website. In the event of a query it is your responsibility to notify Paddy Power at the earliest opportunity together with your record of transactions since your balance was last verified.
13. We cannot allow for mistakes, nor accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in respect of the announcing, publishing, or marking of prices, runners, times or result, despite every effort to ensure their accuracy. Paddy Power reserves the right to correct any obvious errors. Should funds be credited to a client's account in error, it is the client's responsibility to notify Paddy Power of the error without delay. Any winnings subsequent to the error and prior to the notification of Paddy Power, whether linked to the error or not, shall be deemed invalid and returned to Paddy Power.
14. If there are any blatant errors in prices transmitted bets will be settled at the correct price at the time of acceptance or the Starting Price (where applicable) whichever is the greater.
15. Save in the case of manifest error on our part, we accept no responsibility and shall not be liable for any consequences that are alleged to have occurred through your use, or misuse, of our services.
16. You are entirely responsible for the information that you provide to Paddy Power and we shall not be liable for incorrect entries made by you, including data input errors with respect to the stakes on offer.
17. We will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of misuse of Usernames or Passwords and Paddy Power accepts no liability resulting from any unauthorised use, whether fraudulent or otherwise.
18. THE PADDY POWER SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL PADDY POWER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DIRECT OR INDIRECT PROFITS, ECONOMIC LOSS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION) OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL LOSSES HOWSOEVER CAUSED INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOSS OF CONTRACTS, LOSS OF GOODWILL AND LOSS OF REPUTATION ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PADDY POWER SERVICE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
19. If and only to the extent that Clause  does not apply to you, the maximum liability of Paddy Power to you shall be limited to the average balance held in your Paddy Power account in the previous six months.
20. We are not liable for any loss or damage that you may suffer because of any act of God; power failure; trade or labour dispute; act, failure or omission of any government or authority; obstruction or failure of telecommunication services or networks; or any other delay or failure caused by a third party. In such an event, we reserve the right to cancel or suspend our services without incurring any liability. We are not liable for the failure of any equipment or software, wherever located or administered, or whether under our direct control or not, that may prevent the operation of our betting services, impede the placing of orders for bets or the matching of bets, or prevent you from being able to contact us.
21. You agree to indemnify and hold us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees harmless from any liabilities, claims, losses or demands made by any third party arising out of your breach of this agreement including documents incorporated by reference into this agreement or out of your violation of any law or the rights of any third party.
22. You acknowledge that Paddy Power and its subsidiaries will hold information with respect to your identity, including but not limited to your name, address and payment details. You agree that we rely on this information in entering into this agreement with you and you agree to hold us harmless against any falsehood or inaccuracy contained in the information you provide us.
23. Currently the British government charges no betting tax to bettors but rather a gross profit tax on bookmakers. Paddy Power currently pays this tax. If you are located outside of the UK, Paddy Power is not responsible for any local taxes that may be payable by you whether on any stakes placed, on any winnings or otherwise. All digital customers are deemed to be UK residents. If you are located outside of the UK, your account is subject to the tax rate of the Isle of Man. Paddy Power currently absorbs this tax.
24. All winnings will be credited to the client's account. All payments made to a client will be made to the same Debit or Credit card used to deposit monies with Paddy Power . In the event of this not being possible payments will be made by cheque in accordance with the personal details stored in the customers account.
25. Any concern over a bet claim should first be e-mailed to us at email@example.com We will make every effort to ensure to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner. However, if you still feel that you have been unfairly treated your dispute should be submitted to IBAS (a UK adjudication service managed by the Mirror Group and supported by SIS) or The Punter's Platform (an Irish adjudication service managed by The Evening Herald). These addresses and/or phone numbers can be obtained by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org Paddy Power agree to be bound by any decision reached by the arbitrator, so long as the full facts have been submitted by both sides.
26. All results will be as published and confirmed by the Press Association, excluding errors and omissions, unless otherwise stated in our Betting Rules.
27. Not all participants are quoted in outright markets for some events. However, a price is available for all entries or outcomes in any event. If you wish to bet on an unnamed selection please ask one of our telephone operators or e-mail us at email@example.com and we will endeavour to add this selection to the market.
28. Unless otherwise stipulated in our Betting Rules bets will stand whether or not the selection takes part in the event, unless the event itself does not take place.
29. Paddy Power reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any such revision will be binding and effective immediately on posting of notification of such changes on the web site.
30. On occasion the prices available on www.paddypower.com may not be the same as those prices available at Paddy Power outlets or on Paddy Power Dial-a-Bet.
31. Without restricting our ability to rely on other remedies that may be available to us, we will suspend or terminate your account or cancel any bets placed by you at our absolute discretion if: (i) we suspect that you are engaging in illegal or fraudulent activity while using our site; (ii) we suspect you are breaching any term of this agreement; (iii) we suspect you are acting in a manner that is detrimental to the conduct of our business; (iv) we suspect that you may be having difficulties obtaining credit, or (v) we are required to do so by law.
32. Irrespective of whether we suspend or terminate an account and notwithstanding any other provisions in these Terms and Conditions, we may decide to cancel and void any bets at our absolute discretion where (i) there is a technological failure, or (ii) you have breached any of these Terms and Conditions or the Betting Rules or (iii) where in our judgment, there is a manifest error in the terms of a bet placed by any party.
33. Your sole remedy in the event of termination of your account by us for any reason shall be the re-imbursement of any undisputed account balance you may then have and we shall have no further liability to you whatsoever.
34. Paddy Power is the owner or authorised user or licensee of all the intellectual property rights in the Paddy Power website and its content including, without limitation, any copyright, patent, registered design, trade marks, service marks, source codes, specifications, templates, graphics, logos or any right subsisting in Ireland or elsewhere in respect of content, databases, formats, interfaces, programming, the offering of services to other customers, software or any application for any of the foregoing and any modification, improvements, developments and enhancements thereof. Except as expressly provided herein, Paddy Power does not grant any express or implied right to you in any intellectual property rights or secret information held on our servers.
35. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid, void or unenforceable by reason of any law, rule, administrative order or judicial decision, that determination shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement.
36. Notices and other communications delivered or mailed to the postal address or to the electronic-mail address provided by you shall, until we have received notice in writing of any different address, be deemed to have been personally delivered once sent whether actually received or not.
If you are betting by Phone with Dial-a-Bet:
1. Payment of Bets
(*Please note that your bank can take up to 5 working days to return withdrawals to your card.)
Our preferred method of payment is to return funds directly to the card used to make the deposit, except for non-UK Mastercard where payment will be made by cheque
By using your Dial-a-Bet account number as the username to log in to www.paddypower.com,you'll have the ability to view your transactions online and withdraw your winnings back to your card at your convenience.
If required, you can call our customer service department at any time on UK 08000 565 275 or IRL 1800 238 888 to request a statement or request payment back to your card.
If the options above are unsuitable, please contact our customer service department who will make alternative arrangements for you.
Cheques or Bank Drafts will only be credited to your account upon clearance by our bank. Funds should be made payable to Paddy Power Plc and sent to: Customer Services, Paddy Power Plc, Airton House, Airton Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
Once the balance on a deposit account has been exhausted, no bets will be accepted and any bets taken in error will be declared void, win or lose. Payment of winnings will be made by cheque upon request and must be sent to the address registered on the account.
2. Bank Authorisation
Your first transaction is debited directly from your debit card or credit card and any winnings that accrue will be credited to your Dial-a-Bet Account. Future transactions will be debited from your Dial-a-Bet account balance until there are insufficient funds available, upon which, we shall debit your card. It is our policy to seek authorisation at the time the bet is requested and customers are required to remain on the call until authorisation has been confirmed.
Occasionally, we are unable to get a decision before the "Off" of a race/event, and in such circumstances we will accept the bet subject to bank authorisation being obtained. In the event of a transaction being declined by your bank, the bet will be void, win or lose. If we are unable to notify you verbally of your bank's decision at the time of the call you will subsequently receive written notification that the transaction has been declined.
3. To obtain an account and place a bet you must be aged 18 years or over.
4. Bets must be placed by telephone, via Paddy Power mobile telephone betting channels, digital television channels or on the internet at www.paddypower.com. No postal, fax or e-mail bets are accepted and, if received, will be void, win or lose.
5. In the interest of security and to resolve queries or disputes, all calls to our Telephone Betting centre are recorded.
6. Our minimum stake per call during UK & Irish racing is €15/£15. This means that every call you make to us after racing starts each day must total €15/£15. Outside these peak times a minimum stake of €10/£5 will apply enabling you to take advantage of our early price service before the start of racing.
7. Customers should never reveal their personal P.I.N. code/password to anyone else. Customers are responsible for all bets where their name and account number have been correctly quoted.
8. Any changes to your personal/card details must be advised to us immediately, as failure to do so may result in your bet being declined by your bank. (Please note that if the bank declines your bet it will not be placed on your account).
9. Please inform us immediately should your bank card be lost or stolen. No further bets will be accepted on your account until you contact us with further instructions.
10. While we shall take all reasonable steps to avoid mistakes, Paddy Power Plc cannot accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions in respect of the taking or recording of bets, or the withdrawal of funds or lodgments to accounts. Should funds be debited or credited incorrectly, it is the customer"s responsibility to notify Paddy Power Plc without delay, and we reserve the right to rectify such error as quickly as possible.
If you are betting online at paddypower.com:
1. The website www.PaddyPower.com is operated and controlled by Paddy Power Isle of Man Limited and Power Leisure Bookmaker Limited, wholly owned subsidiaries of Paddy Power plc., of Airton House, Airton Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland.
2. The minimum account deposit is EUR €10 /£10. Interest is not payable on account balances. No credit is permitted. It is your responsibility to maintain sufficient funds in your account, and to stake your bets accordingly. We reserve the right to void any bet which may be inadvertently accepted if your account does not have sufficient funds to cover the whole of the bet.
3. The maximum payouts to any one client in any one days betting regardless of stake are outlined below, or as specified on the Bet Receipt whichever is the smaller. It is the duty of all customers to stay within the limits mentioned hereafter. All bets are subject to a maximum payment to any one client in any one day irrespective of stakes odds or number of winning lines as listed below. A bet is accepted on the basis that it is the investment of one client. Full service means where shows of betting, off-times and results are given by S.I.S for horse racing or greyhounds. The onus of responsibility rests firmly with the customer to ensure that he stays within the limits outlined below.
We pay Double Result on all horseracing selections in Ireland and the UK which are covered in full service by S.I.S. Double Result / First Past the Post bets are subject to a maximum payout of €200,000/£150,000. The above limits apply even where a client has taken prices, and except in the following cases:
Any bet which includes a selection which is not covered in full service by SIS, or any bet which contains a selection involved in Overseas Racing, or Virtual Racing is subject to a maximum payout of €50,000/£35,000.
Any bet which contains a selection running at an overseas meeting where race results are not covered in full service by SIS is subject to a maximum payout of €30,000/£20,000.
Ante post bets are subject to a maximum payment of €200,000/£150,000.
The maximum payment to any one client in respect of any one day"s U.K Jackpot or Placepot bets is €50,000/£35,000 and €10,000/£7,000 for Quadpots. Quadpots are also subject to a maximum payment of twice the total Tote pool, or twice the S.P place accumulator returns, whichever is the lesser. Where we believe the Tote return has been affected by rigging we reserve the right to settle all Tote bets at the returned S.P or its place equivalent.
Ante Post bets on greyhounds are subject to a maximum payment of €100,000/£75,000. The maximum payment to any one client in respect of any one days greyhound bets in the UK for which all selections are covered in full service by SIS is €100,000/£75,000.
Bets accepted at Irish Greyhound tracks and UK tracks not covered by SIS are subject to a maximum payment of €10,000/£7,000.
Bets will also be accepted for selected major races, i.e. major Irish/UK races, Greyhound Derby heats etc. Bets at such meetings will be subject to a maximum payout of €25,000/£20,000.
Races shown live on SKY or terrestrial TV will be subject to a maximum payout of €25,000/£20,000.
The maximum payment to any one client in respect of any one day"s Virtual greyhounds bets for which all selections are covered in full service by SIS is €50,000/£35,000.
The maximum that can be won on all football bets is €200,000/£150,000 including ante-post.
The maximum that can be won on any bet including GAA / Golf selection / event is €100,000/£75,000. Sports: Any bet which includes a sports selection (other than stated above) will be subject to a maximum payment of €50,000/£35,000 including ante post sports events.
Non-Sport Events excluding Lottery:
Any bet which includes a selection for non-sport / racing event such as a song contest, political contest, elections etc. will be subject to a maximum payment of €10,000/£7,000.
The maximum payout to any one client, group/syndicate of customers, for betting on the Irish lottery is €150,000 or currency equivalent depending on your currency of choice when registering. The maximum payout to any one client, group/syndicate of customers, for betting on the New York, German, Spanish, Canadian, and Hong Kong lotteries is €50,000/£35,000.
4. Each bet will be given an individual number as confirmation of the transaction. However, bets will be valid, subject to meeting the criteria for placing a bet laid down in these Terms and Conditions, if accepted by the Paddy Power Transaction Server, whether or not the customer receives the transaction code. We are not liable for the settlement of any bets where we have not issued a written confirmation of acceptance of the bet or where we are unable to display that bet in the 'My account' pages of our website.
5. The Paddy Power site may contain links to third party web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Paddy Power of the contents on such third party web sites. Paddy Power is not responsible for the content of linked third party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party web sites. If you decide to access linked third-party web sites, you do so at your own risk.
6. Paddy Power generally welcomes the hyper-linking to our Site from other appropriate web sites provided such links are to our site's homepage (and no deeper within the site) and provided Paddy Power gives its consent to the establishment of such links. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Paddy Power reserves the absolute right to refuse to consent to such links without giving reasons. Any links to the site from another web site must be presented in such a manner that the viewing of the site is not impaired by framing or similar techniques that may impair the user's user experience.
7. Paddy Power may, in its absolute discretion, alter or amend or withdraw any game from the site or any part thereof, at any time, and may alter prices, features, specifications, capabilities, functions and/or other characteristics of the games.
If you are betting online at paddypowercasino.com:
Paddypowercasino.com provides online gaming under an Online Gambling Licence issued by the Alderney Gambling Control Commission ("AGCC") to Paddy Power Alderney Limited. Paddy Power and our casino software partners WagerWorks, Inc. will offer a unique gaming experience to all our customers. Paddypowercasino.com is a registered brand of Paddy Power. Paddy Power Alderney Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Paddy Power Plc. For full Terms and Conditions please see a detailed listing, that all casino customers must adhere to : Terms And Conditions for paddypowercasino.com
Paddypower.com has created this statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to the privacy of our web site visitors and customers. The following discloses information gathering and dissemination practices for the site http://www.paddypower.com
Our site is designed to require you to complete a registration form if you are interested in using the site for the placing of a bet. Therefore, registration forms may require you to give us contact information (like your name and postal address).
The paddypower.com website is operated from within the UK by Power Leisure Bookmaker Ltd, a subsidiary company of Paddy Power plc. Paddy Power plc operates businesses in multiple jurisdictions some of which are not located in the European Economic Area. We may from time to time transfer your data from one Paddy Power Company to another one or to one of our authorised service providers for customer service or business management purposes. We will ensure that each Paddy Power Company and their service providers comply with this Privacy Statement. You agree to our using your personal data in this way."
Paddy Power may transfer your data for one of the following purposes:
Your contact information may be used to send you additional information and promotional material and you may opt out of receiving further information from us at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting our customer service department on 08000 565 265 (UK) or 1800 721 821 (IRL). Sometimes, a third-party fulfilment house that requires access to the information on registration forms in order to send you requested materials handles the mailings.
- the provision of betting services;
- customer support;
- administering the customers' accounts;
- processing customer transactions via your banking service provider;
- client identity and money laundering checks;
- risk management;
- providing a seamless service between the customer's fixed odds account and any other Paddy Power service, included but not limited to spread betting, telephone betting, online casinos, online games, online bingo, which the customer may choose.
Information Automatically Logged
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information, such as determining how many of our visitors are from outside of the UK. We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (i.e. : freeserve.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge our users' demographics. Power Leisure Limited does not extract any personal information (e.g. : email addresses or names) that may be a in a web browser's user preference file.
Our website Paddypower.com contains links to other sites. Power Leisure Limited is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Power Leisure Limited receives personal data via online applications. These applications require private data and we therefore employ industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encrypted browsers. Supplementation of Information This site may supplement the information that you provide with information from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate postcodes are received, we may use third party information to fix them.
You can send an email to email@example.com to request that you be removed from any email or standard mail lists.
If we change our privacy and/or security policy for any reason, we will post such changes on this page.
You should be aware that this site may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our web site and service. General visiting data such as the most commonly requested pages is recorded without this data being linked to the identity of the visitor.